14 August 2006

Bill Gates Blasts Bush

Sort of, and from out of the country in a foreign newspaper, we notice.

Guardian Unlimited | Special reports | Gates criticizes HIV abstinence policies

But dig this great British lede: "Bill and Melinda Gates have come off the political fence and publicly backed key causes of Aids campaigners, criticizing the abstinence policies beloved of the US government and calling for more rights for women and help for sex workers."

'Beloved of the US gov't'? Does anything fit that description, it's not the most loving entity I've ever run across.

1 comment:

K. Robert Oristano said...

Yo Matt:

First off you remember way too much about high school. Secondly it's great to hear from you. Unfortunately blogger won't let me reply to comments as e-mails, so I can only hope you'll check back here.

I saw a hit (on my webcounter,) in austin with a little reading time and wondered if it could be you, and sure enough up you show in the comments.

hit me up at kelly@oristano.net if you read this, so we's can communicate more efficiently.

Let's try to get Jenniffer McCarver kicked out of band.